What I used:
Sewing Machine
Staple Gun
Scissors
Liquid Stich
Scotch Guard
Spray Paint
Total cost for this project was $57 - I am so happy with the results!
Here is the awesome Mid Century Chair we rescued from the recycling at Justin's Grandmas house in Wisconsin last summer
Step 1: Dis-Assembled the chair
Step 2: Removed fabric, while trying to maintain structural integrity of the cushions and used existing fabric as a template for new fabric.
Step 3: Repaired some of existing cushion structure.
Step 4: Sewed cover for seat portion (This was the ONLY part I actually had to sew which was awesome!!!)
Step 5: Using multiple separate pieces of fabric covered the 'back' portion of the chair, securing with Liquid Stitch and stable gun (avoid stables in areas that will come into contact with a persons back while sitting on chair)
Step 6: Scotch Guard fabric.
Step 7: Sprayed wood portion with a black satin finish - on the foot portion of the chair there were nice bronze-like finishes that had rusted to I taped these off and sprayed them with a silver metallic spray paint! Looked really nice!
We wanted to chose a fabric that wouldn't change too much of the look and feel of the chair and purchased this fabric from Home Fabrics in Boise, ID. The finishing studs are from Jo-ann fabric (in there upholstery section).
Here's a picture of it in our room with the amazing Pendleton Blanket we got for a wedding gift!



No comments:
Post a Comment