One hot summer day in August of 2012 my girlfriends invited me for a day on the lake (Lucky Peak Reservoir in Boise, ID). We spent the day boating, surfing, eating and drinking. This (really cute) guy was totally showing off wake boarding, doing backflips and what I would come to learn as "typical Justin stuff". He got back on the boat and grabbed my beer, shouting "whose koozie is this?!"Apparently this guy was from Wisconsin and an avid Packer fan...after I told him it was mine, which he didn't believe, he started flirting shamelessly with me. I thought this guy was way-too-weird, cocky, stubborn and totally not my type.Justin asked me on a date for later that week. At some point during the date he described himself as an onion, apparently I had to peel back the layers to learn who the real Justin was. I am so glad I did because that weird, cocky, stubborn man ended up being the funniest, kindest, hard-working, talented and loving person I had ever met. After that date we hardly spent any days apart.
A year to the date we met Justin proposed...on the same boat, with the same friends (and a few additions). I can't wait for many more years with my best friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment